Reining in the Gülenists can be seen as a welcome development, but it will also consolidate Erdoğan’s already alarming monopolization of power… Continue reading
On May 12, 2012, Istanbul rivals Fenerbahçe and Galatasaray played out a goalless draw in the final match of the Turkish 2011-2102 soccer season, handing the national championship to Galatasaray… Continue reading
Most international attention has focused on the more than 100 journalists who are now in jail in Turkey as a result of what they have written or said… Continue reading
In the early hours of January 6, General İlker Başbuğ, chief of the Turkish General Staff from 2008 to 2010, was arrested and imprisoned on allegations of “founding or directing an armed terrorist organization, inciting the overthrow of the government of the Turkish Republic or the prevention of it fulfilling its duties”… Continue reading
The resignations on July 29, 2011, of the Turkish chief of staff and all three force commanders are without precedent in… Continue reading
A few hours ago I wrote that the Egyptian military government reportedly told Israel that a major Israeli offensive… Continue reading
An internet website began broadcasting secretly-recorded videos of six members of the Turkish MHP engaging in extramarital sexual relations… Continue reading
The ruling Justice and Development Party’s (AKP) choice of candidates to the general election in June reflect a desire to entrench the power base… Continue reading
On the afternoon of March 30, 2011, Zekeriya Öz, the chief prosecutor in the controversial Ergenekon investigation, was abruptly… Continue reading
What country in the world has the most journalists imprisoned? The answer might surprise you. According to a recent study… Continue reading
The arrest of prominent journalists in Turkey on March 3, among them a recipient of the International Press Institute’s “World Press Freedom Hero” award… Continue reading
In the deeply polarized climate that pervades Turkish society, it has become near-impossible to stake out an ideological terrain that… Continue reading
Support Our Mission
Can you help us? We are in the process of setting up a non-governmental organization to support our mission of educating and informing the public, policy makers, journalists and academics about the Middle East thus influencing foreign policy towards that region. You can be part of this by supporting our activities through donations and funding. Please contact us directly via our Contact Form about the possibilities. We are committed to protecting the privacy of each donor's personal information.
Our Facebook Fan Page
Our Tweet Timeline
- The Textual Debacle of the Birmingham “Qur’an” […] of the Christian movement: Christianity: The Minor Critics. He blogs at The New Oxonian. Read his full biography here. For all the exclusive blog...
- The ISIS Worm in Time […] Guest Writers […]
- RTE’s Gaza News Coverage Sponsored by Irish Aid’s Pro-Palestinian Proxy […] article ‘An analysis of media and NGO narratives on present circumstances in Gaza’ provides an in-depth study of the many inaccuracies in Shortt’s reportage...
- An Analysis of Media Narratives on Present Circumstances in Gaza […] civilian installations, which the UN report, although prejudicial in its own right, does not itself ascribe to Israeli […]
- An Analysis of Media Narratives on Present Circumstances in Gaza […] article, titled ‘RTE’s Gaza news coverage sponsored by Irish Aid’s pro-Palestinian proxy’ details possible breaches of broadcasting code in Shortt’s […]
- RTE’s Gaza News Coverage Sponsored by Irish Aid’s Pro-Palestinian Proxy […] to the findings of the UN Board of Inquiry report into the incidents at seven UN schools. This is a wholly misleading assertion, as...
A Chronological Collection of Historical Documents Relating to the Arab-Israeli Conflict...
- McMahon-Husayn Correspondence (1915-1916)
- The Sykes-Picot Agreement (1916)
- The Balfour Declaration (1917)
- Agreement Between Emir Faisal Husseini and Dr. Weizmann (1919)
- Faisal-Frankfurter Correspondence at the Paris Peace Conference (1919)
- British White Paper of June 1922
- Mandate for Palestine (July 1922)
- The Peel Commission report (July 1937)
- The Alexandria Protocol (Oct 07, 1944)
- Letter from President Roosevelt to King Ibn Saud (April 5, 1945)
- The Declaration of the Establishment of the State of Israel (May 14, 1948)
- United States Recognition of the State of Israel (1948)
Looking for something specific? Select a month or go to our Site Map...